Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Inside the Gruesome “Deadpool Killer” Case That Led to a Death Sentence for Wade Wilson

Published

on

Wade Wilson of Florida, dubbed the “Deadpool Killer” because he shares the Marvel character’s name, was sentenced to death for the murders of two women in 2019.

Ruiz in a field in Cape Coral, Fla., on Oct. 10, 2019, the man who’d eventually be sentenced to death for killing her was already in custody.

Wade Steven Wilson—dubbed the “Deadpool Killer” because Wade Wilson is the Marvel character’s regular-guy name—was arrested Oct. 8 after sharing grisly details about his crimes in a phone call with his father, who helped relay the information to police.

But when officers first picked Wilson up at an unoccupied residence he’d apparently broken into, the 25-year-old wasn’t arrested on suspicion of murder.

Rather, Wilson was charged with burglary, larceny and damaged property, as well as with battery for attacking a woman (identified during his June 2024 murder trial as his then-girlfriend Melissa Montanez) on the morning of Oct. 7 in Fort Myers, Fla.

Days later, the Cape Coral Police Department confirmed that Wilson was a person of interest in the deaths of Ruiz, 43, and Kristine Melton, 35, both of whom were killed that same morning.

The CCPD said in a news release at the time that detectives, working closely with the State Attorney’s Office, were awaiting test results from the crime lab and conclusions from the Lee County Medical Examiner’s Office before they brought “additional criminal charges” against Wilson.

And on Nov. 19, 2019, Wilson was indicted on two counts of first-degree murder.

Announcing the charges at a press conference alongside State Attorney Amira Fox, Cape Coral Police Chief Dave Newlan acknowledged that there had been “questions as to why Wilson was not immediately charged with the deaths of Melton and Ruiz.” (The suspect was also charged with one count each of battery, grand theft of a motor vehicle, burglary of a dwelling and first-degree petty theft.)

“Let me be clear: Securing a successful prosecution, and ultimately, a conviction, in this case is paramount,” Newland said. “A hastily conducted investigation, simply for the sake of speed, where steps could be missed, benefits no one.”

Here are all the details on the case that resulted in Wilson being convicted of murder and sentenced to death almost five years later

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY3 hours ago

Tragedy just 5 minutes ago! King Charles announced heartbreaking news, leaving the royal family devastated: “Prince Harry has…”see more below

CELEBRITY3 hours ago

Congratulations, Harry! Meghan shares an ultrasound for the first time on social media, confirming their third child: “The British royal family has a new heir, and this baby turns out to be…” See more below

CELEBRITY9 hours ago

RETURN MY PRIVATE JET! Meghan FREAKS OUT As Tyler Perry BLASTS Her For Bragging About A Private Jet—That Was **NEVER HERS!** See The PROOF—He EXPOSED Her For Who She Really Is Below

CELEBRITY9 hours ago

Oh wow, who would’ve thought? These two can’t see eye to eye, but the latest move by President Trump means BIG NEWS for both Taylor and us Swifties. You won’t believe what he just did for us. See the first comment

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

BREAKING:”18 Photos of Angel Reese & Jada Thorpe at Florida-Maryland Turning Heads” See more…

CELEBRITY14 hours ago

Breaking News:Airport Staff Kicked Out Brittany Mahomes, But Regretted It When Patrick Mahomes Arrived…see more

CELEBRITY15 hours ago

BREAKING NEWS!!! Fans In TEARS As Catherine & William Make Their FINAL DECISION Marking Their Big Plan! (Revealed reason for their divorce)SEE MORE DETAILS

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

ROYAL TRAGEDY! Heartbreak for King Charles. With heavy hearts, we announce the passing….see more in comments

CELEBRITY21 hours ago

BREAKING: “Racist Judge Insults Black Man in Court, Gets Arrested by Him Just Minutes Later” Read more…

CELEBRITY1 day ago

The royal family shines! William shocked the entire UK when he posted a photo with the caption “a sweet reunion in the hospital” of Harry and King Charles, however, the… See more

Copyright © 2024 USAenquire