Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Celine Dion criticizes Trump campaign for unauthorized use of her music in cheeky statement

Published

on

Celine Dion criticizes Trump campaign for unauthorized use of her music in cheeky statement

 

 

Singer Celine Dion on Saturday issued a statement that both criticized former President Donald Trump’s campaign for the “unauthorized” use of her music at a recent campaign rally and poked fun at the campaign’s song choice.

Celine Dion criticizes Trump campaign for unauthorized use of her music in cheeky statement

The Trump campaign has played Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On” at multiple campaign rallies throughout 2023 and 2024, though Dion’s statement said she and her management team had only recently become aware of its use, specifically pointing to it being played at Trump’s rally in Bozeman, Montana, on Friday.

 

 

“Today, Celine Dion’s management team and her record label, Sony Music Entertainment Canada Inc., became aware of the unauthorized usage of the video, recording, musical performance, and likeness of Celine Dion singing ‘My Heart Will Go On’ at a Donald Trump / JD Vance campaign rally in Montana,” Dion said in a statement posted to her X and Instagram accounts.

“In no way is this use authorized, and Celine Dion does not endorse this or any similar use. … And really, THAT song?”

“My Heart Will Go On” is a romantic ballad that served as the theme song to James Cameron’s “Titanic.” Released in 1997, it is one of the best-selling singles of all time.

CNN has reached out to the Trump campaign regarding whether they will cease playing the song at future events.

 

 

Rihanna, the Rolling Stones, Ozzy Osbourne, Queen, and the estate of George Harrison, among other musicians, have all previously objected to Donald Trump’s presidential campaigns using their music, dating back to his original run in 2016.

 

 

Dion made headlines last month after returning to the stage in grand fashion with a performance of Edith Piaf’s “L’Hymne à l’amour” at the Olympics opening ceremony. It was her first concert performance since revealing that she is living with stiff person syndrome, “a rare, progressive syndrome that affects the nervous system, specifically the brain and spinal cord,” according to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY1 day ago

3 MINUTES AGO! Panic in Meghan’s mansion! Holding her daughter tight, she sat trembling as U.S. police demanded, ‘Where is Harry?’ Tears streaming, Meghan confessed in anguish: ‘My husband has…’ Moments later, William delivered the devastating emergency message to Britain: ‘With sorrow in my heart, I regret to inform you…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

2 MINUTES AGO! “Harry… bow your head,” King Charles’s trembling voice broke the suffocating silence, a wave of sorrow blanketing the palace. Meghan returned with their two children, clutching white flowers, her face carved with grief. No press, no cameras — only the heavy weight of regret. “I am deeply saddened to announce that…” What came next will haunt Britain for generations… SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

2 A.M. Last Night! Buckingham Palace confirmed a heartbreaking loss as the family rushed to reunite — all except Harry. Princess Anne wept with swollen eyes, while William leaned on Kate: ‘With broken hearts, we must share the devastating truth…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

The skies over America turned black! Meghan Markle, clutching her daughter, ran into a U.S. police station, sobbing loudly: ‘Oh God, my husband has…’ — Prince William received the urgent cable and immediately called for a royal emergency meeting. His tearful voice broke as he cried: ‘Father, my brother…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

BUCKINGHAM’S NIGHT OF DESPAIR: William held Kate tightly, sobbing as shadows blanketed the Palace. At 1 a.m., every royal was called to an emergency meeting — except Harry. The press was barred at the gates. Suddenly, King Charles’s voice tore through the night: ‘Oh, my wife has…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce bought a tiny diner that let him eat on credit during his college days, converting the eatery to feed 120 homeless people every day. It was all because of a promise he made to someone special when he was a high school student.

CELEBRITY3 days ago

15 MINUTES AGO! Meghan Markle, holding her son Archie, delivered IMPORTANT NEWS from America. The entire Palace was left in shock and sorrow as her trembling voice cried out: ‘My Harry and my Lilibet are being…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY1 week ago

OMG 5 MINUTES AGO! Princess Anne Breaks Her Silence: The Truth About Diana’s Forged Letter That Could Shatter Camilla’s Royal Standing…. full details below

CELEBRITY1 week ago

MIDNIGHT SHOCK! ‘Bow your heads…’ Cries echoed from Buckingham Palace, plunging Britain into a sleepless night. The princes gathered once more, as Harry cast aside past resentments and took up the white cloth: ‘Oh my God, he has…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Meghan Markle Devastated After Prince Harry’s Shocking Announcement…Royal Family in Tears and Mourning…. Read more

Copyright © 2024 USAenquire