Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Chiefs GM expects Travis Kelce to play in 2025: ‘He was fired up

Published

on

 

Chiefs general manager Brett Veach and Kansas City head coach Andy Reid gave slightly different views of where the franchise stands with tight end Travis Kelce. They agreed on one point: There is no deadline for his decision about playing in 2025.

 

“We did have a chance to talk before they left,” Reid said Tuesday just before the noon hour on the status of Kelce. “That’s up to Travis. At this point, it’s ‘Get out of town. They’ve played a lot of football here. So, step back, then we’ll talk.'”

 

 

 

Kelce was reportedly given a deadline of March 14, one day before an $11.5 million roster bonus is due to trigger in the final year of his contract. But Veach said adamantly, “There is no deadline.”

Veach said he expects Kelce to play after their most recent conversation.

“He was fired up about being here,” Veach said. “He has one more year under contract. We left it at he’d be back and we’re excited to have him back. As far as I’m concerned, there is no deadline.”

Kelce, 35, said earlier this month he was weighing his future in the wake of the Chiefs’ 40-22 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles in the Super Bowl. Kelce wound up with four catches for 39 yards.

“I know everybody wants to know whether I’m playing next year and right now, I’m just kicking everything down the road. I’m kicking every can I can down the road. I’m not making any crazy decisions,” Kelce said on his “New Heights” podcast.

A four-time first-team All-Pro and 10-time Pro Bowl choice through 12 NFL seasons, Kelce would carry a $19.8 million cap hit in 2025.

Kelce made 97 receptions for 823 yards in the 2024 regular season, his lowest yardage total since 2014. He posted seven consecutive 1,000-yard years from 2016-22.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY6 hours ago

Prince Harry Makes First Public Statement Since Resigning from the Charity He Founded

CELEBRITY8 hours ago

Her Face Is Different Somehow”: George and Amal Clooney Holds Hands at Venice Film Festival.The 63-year-old actor noticed the incident on the red carpet and immediately rushed over to help the photographer.Clooney then lightened the mood by grabbing the camera and…see details in comments

CELEBRITY10 hours ago

Sad News: Houston Astros teammates and fans shed tears as player Jose Altuve and his wife mourned the heartbreaking announcement… SEE MORE

NFL11 hours ago

EXPLOSIVE DRAMA! Hulk Hogan BLASTED as a ‘Liar’ by Ex-Wife Linda, Who Breaks Down Over Estrangement from Daughter Brooke – ‘Worst Mess Ever!’

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

Tragedy just 5 minutes ago! King Charles announced heartbreaking news, leaving the royal family devastated: “Prince Harry has…”see more below

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

Congratulations, Harry! Meghan shares an ultrasound for the first time on social media, confirming their third child: “The British royal family has a new heir, and this baby turns out to be…” See more below

CELEBRITY1 day ago

RETURN MY PRIVATE JET! Meghan FREAKS OUT As Tyler Perry BLASTS Her For Bragging About A Private Jet—That Was **NEVER HERS!** See The PROOF—He EXPOSED Her For Who She Really Is Below

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Oh wow, who would’ve thought? These two can’t see eye to eye, but the latest move by President Trump means BIG NEWS for both Taylor and us Swifties. You won’t believe what he just did for us. See the first comment

CELEBRITY1 day ago

BREAKING:”18 Photos of Angel Reese & Jada Thorpe at Florida-Maryland Turning Heads” See more…

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Breaking News:Airport Staff Kicked Out Brittany Mahomes, But Regretted It When Patrick Mahomes Arrived…see more

Copyright © 2024 USAenquire