Connect with us

NEWS

Harry says life in US what Diana would have wanted for him

Published

on

Prince Harry said his life in the US is what his mother Princess Diana would have “wanted” for him.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex relocated to Montecito, California four years ago, after announcing they would step back as senior royals and work to become financially independent.

Speaking to Andrew Sorkin at The New York Times Dealbook Summit on Wednesday, the prince was asked if he planned to remain in America for good. “I do,” he said, “I very much enjoy living here and bringing my kids up here”.

He added his family were able to access a degree of privacy and freedom they “undoubtedly wouldn’t be able to do in the UK” due to concerns around security.

Harry has pursued legal action over changes to his police protection for when he is in the UK. His security was downgraded when he stopped being a working royal.

In the interview he spoke of the impact of life in the spotlight on his mental health and on his mother, Princess Diana who was killed in a 1997 car crash in Paris while being chased by photographers.

“I think again, when you are kind of trapped within this bubble, it kind of feels like there’s no way out,” Harry said.

He continued: “What happened to my mum and the fact that I was a kid and felt helpless, there comes the inner turmoil. I felt helpless.

“One of my biggest weaknesses is feeling helpless.”

He said what worried him most was “that would happen to me, or to my wife, or to my kids”.

For now, Harry said his focus was on “being the best husband and the best dad that I can be”.

Asked about the press attention he and his wife receive, he made a joke that they had apparently moved house and divorced “10-12 times”.

“It’s just like what? It’s hard to keep up with but that’s why you sort of ignore of it,” he said.

The Duchess of Sussex meanwhile made an appearance at a fundraising gala in Beverly Hills, California, on Wednesday night.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY11 minutes ago

New information has surfaced regarding the ‘unpleasant’ message Prince Harry is alleged to have sent to the head of his former African charity, which has been described as ‘deeply troubling.’

CELEBRITY28 minutes ago

Meghan Markle Has a Heart! She Sent a Very Sweet Gift to a Famous….

CELEBRITY8 hours ago

Kylie Kelce Turns Down Taylor Swift’s Home-Cooked Meal During Double Date with Travis and Jason Kelce: Here’s Why…..

CELEBRITY18 hours ago

Good News!!! Tennis legend Venus Williams overjoyed as she welcomes triplets: ‘I’m finally a mother!’”…See More.

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

HE IS DELICIOUS WITH POWER” Rafael Nadal stunned the world by rejecting a $10 million contract from Elon Musk, who invited him to be his son’s tennis coach, these are the 10 legit reasons he Boldly gave No 1….,see full article here…

CELEBRITY20 hours ago

SAD NEWs: Prince Harry goes pale after hearing the doctor announce, In an unexpected and deeply emotional moment, Prince Harry was left visibly shaken after receiving a diagnosis from his doctor, who revealed that they had finally identified the illness that had been affecting him…see more below

CELEBRITY23 hours ago

Brittany Mahomes Shares Sweet Three-Word Message to Husband Patrick on……

CELEBRITY23 hours ago

Kate Middleton reveals unpublished details about a difficult moment in her relationship with Prince William….

CELEBRITY24 hours ago

Royal Milestone: How King Charles and Queen Camilla Mark Two Decades of Marriage”…… See more details

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Be His Own Man”: Prince William Charts a New Course, Distancing Himself from Father’s Counsel

Copyright © 2024 USAenquire