Connect with us

NEWS

Jay Slater officials issue autopsy update with grim new details about recovered body.

Published

on

 

The body recovered near the spot where Jay Slater went missing was “very deteriorated” and it is unlikely full identification will happen until “next week”, Tenerife officials have said.

 

 

In a devastating admission, authorities also revealed documentation the dead man was carrying was the teenager’s, and everything is pointing to an accidental fall.

Jay Slater officials issue autopsy update with grim new details about recovered body.

A court in the town of Icod de los Vinos which covers the area of Masca where the body was found is in charge of the ongoing investigation.

 

 

In their first comments so far since the grim police discovery yesterday officials representing the female investigating judge said: “In reference to the British citizen Jay Slater, the autopsy with the full identification of the body and the causes of death will take time, because the body was very deteriorated.

 

 

“But there is very little doubt about both the identity and the etiology. The documentation he was carrying corresponds to that of Jay Slater and everything is pointing to an accidental fall, although that is unofficial pending the final reports.”

 

 

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity as is normal in Spain, said: “The court is saying the official identification will not be known until next week.”

The 29-day search for apprentice bricklayer Jay, 19, came to an end yesterday around 10am. A helicopter was called in to recover a body. The large-scale police search in the mountains near Masca had been suspended around two weeks after he disappeared on June 17, but mountain rescue police specialists had continued with a smaller search on a daily basis.

Jay had been missing on the Spanish island since June 17 after separating from his two friends Lucy and Brad, and leaving a rave by car with two British men he had befriended on a bar strip. The teenager then stayed with the men at an Airbnb in Masca, a remote and notoriously treacherous village.

He was last heard from by his friend Lucy Mae as he attempted to make his way back to the touristy town of Los Christianos, where he was originally staying. But Jay had never made it back. In a heartfelt tribute Jay’s pal Lucy said the teenager was “the happiest and most smiley person in the room”.

Writing on Instagram last night, Lucy said: “Honestly lost for words. Always the happiest and most smiley person in the room, you was one of a kind Jay and you’ll be missed more than you know. I’m sure you’ll ‘have your dancing shoes polished and ready’ waiting for us all. We all love you buddy. Fly high.”

Meanwhile Jay’s other friend Brad Hargreaves with whom he partied in Tenerife paid an emotional tribute to the teenager, writing: “No words. Nothing be the same without you Rest easy brother love you always”, and posted a public story with a photo of himself and Jay, along with broken heart emojis.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY7 hours ago

3 MINUTES AGO! Panic in Meghan’s mansion! Holding her daughter tight, she sat trembling as U.S. police demanded, ‘Where is Harry?’ Tears streaming, Meghan confessed in anguish: ‘My husband has…’ Moments later, William delivered the devastating emergency message to Britain: ‘With sorrow in my heart, I regret to inform you…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY13 hours ago

2 MINUTES AGO! “Harry… bow your head,” King Charles’s trembling voice broke the suffocating silence, a wave of sorrow blanketing the palace. Meghan returned with their two children, clutching white flowers, her face carved with grief. No press, no cameras — only the heavy weight of regret. “I am deeply saddened to announce that…” What came next will haunt Britain for generations… SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY13 hours ago

2 A.M. Last Night! Buckingham Palace confirmed a heartbreaking loss as the family rushed to reunite — all except Harry. Princess Anne wept with swollen eyes, while William leaned on Kate: ‘With broken hearts, we must share the devastating truth…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

The skies over America turned black! Meghan Markle, clutching her daughter, ran into a U.S. police station, sobbing loudly: ‘Oh God, my husband has…’ — Prince William received the urgent cable and immediately called for a royal emergency meeting. His tearful voice broke as he cried: ‘Father, my brother…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY19 hours ago

BUCKINGHAM’S NIGHT OF DESPAIR: William held Kate tightly, sobbing as shadows blanketed the Palace. At 1 a.m., every royal was called to an emergency meeting — except Harry. The press was barred at the gates. Suddenly, King Charles’s voice tore through the night: ‘Oh, my wife has…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY22 hours ago

Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce bought a tiny diner that let him eat on credit during his college days, converting the eatery to feed 120 homeless people every day. It was all because of a promise he made to someone special when he was a high school student.

CELEBRITY2 days ago

15 MINUTES AGO! Meghan Markle, holding her son Archie, delivered IMPORTANT NEWS from America. The entire Palace was left in shock and sorrow as her trembling voice cried out: ‘My Harry and my Lilibet are being…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY6 days ago

OMG 5 MINUTES AGO! Princess Anne Breaks Her Silence: The Truth About Diana’s Forged Letter That Could Shatter Camilla’s Royal Standing…. full details below

CELEBRITY6 days ago

MIDNIGHT SHOCK! ‘Bow your heads…’ Cries echoed from Buckingham Palace, plunging Britain into a sleepless night. The princes gathered once more, as Harry cast aside past resentments and took up the white cloth: ‘Oh my God, he has…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Meghan Markle Devastated After Prince Harry’s Shocking Announcement…Royal Family in Tears and Mourning…. Read more

Copyright © 2024 USAenquire