Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Jordan Chiles shares cryptic Instagram post about ‘healing’ amid Olympic bronze medal dispute

Published

on

 

Jordan Chiles is apparently still ‘healing’ after being stripped of her bronze medal from the Olympic floor exercise.

 

 

The American gymnast claimed third place over Romanian gymnasts Ana Barbosu and Sabrina Maneca after an appeal from USA Gymnastics raised her score from the fifth spot that she originally finished in.

 

 

Jordan Chiles shares cryptic Instagram post about ‘healing’ amid Olympic bronze medal dispute

However, the Court of Arbitration for Sport ruled days later that the Americans’ appeal was late, thus ruling it invalid and returning the bronze to Barbosu.

 

 

There are ‘no plans’ currently for Chiles to return her medal, USA officials told USA Today, though the 23-year-old is evidently still reeling from the ordeal.

On Friday night, she posted an Instagram story with a screenshot of an X post that read: ‘she’s a 10 but she’s still healing from things she didn’t deserve.’

 

 

Chiles has previously called the decision to strip her medal ‘unjust,’ while the US Olympic & Paralympic Committee also told USA Today that there were ‘significant procedural errors’ made by CAS.

According to the CAS, the Americans’ appeal was clocked at one minute and four seconds – greater than the specified window of one minute.

 

 

However, USA Gymnastics says they have evidence to back up their claim that the appeal was lodged within the time limit at 47 seconds.

Former Olympian Aly Raisman also called the CAS’ verdict ‘confusing’, and said that an appeal wouldn’t even have been accepted if it was late.

 

 

‘There’s a designated trained official. It’s their job to keep the time,’ she told Us Weekly. ‘They are not allowed to accept the inquiry if it’s not under that minute window. They accepted the inquiry, which means that the person who’s trained to do that, they saw it was under a minute.’

Raisman continued, ‘From there, the judges admitted they made a mistake with the score and raised the score. I think it’s really unfair. It’s unacceptable to me.’

 

 

Three-time gold medalist Raisman also said that Chiles should not give up her medal.

‘It’s so disappointing to me because I feel like it goes against the integrity of the sport and of the Olympics,’ she said.

 

 

‘Jordan deserves answers as to what evidence the Court of Arbitration for Sport has. It’s very confusing to me. It makes no sense. I don’t think Jordan should give her medal back.’

USA Gymnastics has expressed its profound disappointment regarding the ruling made by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) and has committed to contesting this decision by appealing to the Federal Supreme Court of Switzerland. However, it is uncommon for CAS rulings to be reversed.

 

 

The CAS also criticized what it termed ‘outrageous statements’ that appeared in certain media outlets in the United States, which suggested a conflict of interest involving its panel.

Following the decision to strip Chiles of her medal, it was revealed that Hamid G. Gharavi, the chair of the panel, had collaborated with the Romanian government for approximately a decade.

 

 

As reported by The New York Times, members of the panel are required to complete a conflict of interest declaration prior to evaluating any case.

The article indicated that Gharavi had indeed disclosed his association with the Romanian government. Furthermore, Gharavi declined to provide comments when approached by the publication.

 

 

In her previous remarks on her ‘healing’ post, Chiles expressed gratitude to her supporters.

“I am truly touched by the outpouring of love I have received in recent days. I am also deeply thankful to my family, teammates, coaches, fans, USA Gymnastics, and the United States Olympic and Paralympic Committee for their steadfast support during this challenging period,” Chiles stated on Instagram.

 

 

 

She further added, “I am at a loss for words. This decision feels profoundly unfair and represents a significant setback, not only for me but for all those who have supported my journey.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY2 hours ago

ROYAL TRAGEDY! Heartbreak for King Charles. With heavy hearts, we announce the passing….see more in comments

CELEBRITY4 hours ago

BREAKING: “Racist Judge Insults Black Man in Court, Gets Arrested by Him Just Minutes Later” Read more…

CELEBRITY9 hours ago

The royal family shines! William shocked the entire UK when he posted a photo with the caption “a sweet reunion in the hospital” of Harry and King Charles, however, the… See more

CELEBRITY12 hours ago

Ariana Grande, 31, Exposed for Why She Looks Unhealthily Thin After a Recent Viral Photo of Her Seeing and Signing a Fan’s Old Meet-and-Greet Picture at the EE BAFTAs Sparks Concern – Not Only Is She on a Vegan Diet, She’s Also Addicted to…

CELEBRITY12 hours ago

SAD NEWS: Prince Harry goes pale after hearing the doctor announce, In an unexpected and deeply emotional moment, Prince Harry was left visibly shaken after receiving a diagnosis from his doctor, who revealed that they had finally identified the illness that had been affecting him….

CELEBRITY21 hours ago

Amazing news: Elon Musk Shocks the World: Tesla’s First-Ever Aircraft Takes Flight Full story below

CELEBRITY21 hours ago

Heartbreaking: Chris Hemsworth and pregnant wife Elsa Pataky announce they are splitting after she abandoned everything necessary between them to…

CELEBRITY22 hours ago

Just In: First day of horse racing lands Coco Gauff in hospital as she fell from a ‘rampaging’ horse, sustaining “multiple dislocations and fractures”, according to a local hospital source…See details

CELEBRITY1 day ago

BREAKING NEWS: Elon Musk Officially Banned from All coming Games After Kansas City Chiefs Announcement for This Reason…… In a move that has left the sports world buzzing, the Kansas City Chiefs have officially banned billionaire Elon Musk from attending any of their future games and here is how Elon musk reacted by…see full articles here

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Congratulations King Charles! Prince Harry has returned to “assume the throne” after the King was hospitalized, filled with regret. Harry reunited with his father, however, Meghan’s “attitude” was…see more below

Copyright © 2024 USAenquire