Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Kate Middleton and Prince William Won’t Make Their Red Carpet Return at the BAFTAs This Year

Published

on

 

Kensington Palace confirmed on Feb. 10 that the Prince and Princess of Wales will not be at the EE BAFTA Film Awards ceremony on Sunday, Feb. 16. Prince William, who has been president of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts since 2010, is set to appear in a video package as part of the awards and will visit the London Screen Academy on Wednesday.

 

 

 

Due to his role, Prince William is a regular on the red carpet at the annual ceremony, often accompanied by his wife. William, 42, and Kate, 43, most recently attended the event together in 2023.

The Prince of Wales attended the event solo in 2024, shortly after it was announced that his wife had recently undergone abdominal surgery (the following month, Kate revealed that she was undergoing treatment for cancer).
While speaking with Elaine Bedell, chief executive of the Southbank Centre, at the event, Prince William apologized for his wife’s absence. “I’m sorry Catherine’s not here. She does love the BAFTAs,” he said.

Prince William and Princess Kate have missed the BAFTAs before. William canceled his scheduled appearance in 2021 following the death of his grandfather Prince Philip, and they were absent due to diary constraints the following year.
The then-Duchess of Cambridge was all smiles while attending the awards show for the first time in 2017. She opted for a bespoke, floral print Alexander McQueen gown with an off-the-shoulder neckline, fitted bodice and full, tiered skirt. Kate wore her hair swept into an updo, keeping the attention on her chandelier pear-shaped earrings.
She opted for a dark green dress with black detailing by Jenny Packham in 2018 when guests including Angelina Jolie and Margot Robbie wore all black in support of the Time’s Up Movement. Kate wore a white asymmetrical dress from Alexander McQueen in 2019 the following year.

In 2020, Kate recycled a head-turning gold-and-white Alexander McQueen gown. Adhering to the sustainable fashion guide created by the London College of Fashion’s Centre for Sustainability, asking guests to re-wear, rent or buy vintage, the royal opted for the Alexander McQueen (her wedding gown designer!), which she previously wore the dress during a 2012 state dinner in Malaysia.

In one of her most memorable looks at the 2023 awards, the royal recycled her white Alexander McQueen gown from 2019, restyling the asymmetric neckline’s corsage-style embellishment on left shoulder to a regal sweep of white chiffon. Kate embraced bold accessories for the dress’ second spin, making a statement in oversized rose gold floral earrings from Zara and full-length black velvet opera gloves.
“Opera gloves are transformative; they have enormous leverage,” Genevieve James, creative director at royal glove supplier Cornelia James, told PEOPLE. “They turn any event into an occasion and a dress into a statement.”

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY1 day ago

3 MINUTES AGO! Panic in Meghan’s mansion! Holding her daughter tight, she sat trembling as U.S. police demanded, ‘Where is Harry?’ Tears streaming, Meghan confessed in anguish: ‘My husband has…’ Moments later, William delivered the devastating emergency message to Britain: ‘With sorrow in my heart, I regret to inform you…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

2 MINUTES AGO! “Harry… bow your head,” King Charles’s trembling voice broke the suffocating silence, a wave of sorrow blanketing the palace. Meghan returned with their two children, clutching white flowers, her face carved with grief. No press, no cameras — only the heavy weight of regret. “I am deeply saddened to announce that…” What came next will haunt Britain for generations… SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

2 A.M. Last Night! Buckingham Palace confirmed a heartbreaking loss as the family rushed to reunite — all except Harry. Princess Anne wept with swollen eyes, while William leaned on Kate: ‘With broken hearts, we must share the devastating truth…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

The skies over America turned black! Meghan Markle, clutching her daughter, ran into a U.S. police station, sobbing loudly: ‘Oh God, my husband has…’ — Prince William received the urgent cable and immediately called for a royal emergency meeting. His tearful voice broke as he cried: ‘Father, my brother…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

BUCKINGHAM’S NIGHT OF DESPAIR: William held Kate tightly, sobbing as shadows blanketed the Palace. At 1 a.m., every royal was called to an emergency meeting — except Harry. The press was barred at the gates. Suddenly, King Charles’s voice tore through the night: ‘Oh, my wife has…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce bought a tiny diner that let him eat on credit during his college days, converting the eatery to feed 120 homeless people every day. It was all because of a promise he made to someone special when he was a high school student.

CELEBRITY3 days ago

15 MINUTES AGO! Meghan Markle, holding her son Archie, delivered IMPORTANT NEWS from America. The entire Palace was left in shock and sorrow as her trembling voice cried out: ‘My Harry and my Lilibet are being…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY1 week ago

OMG 5 MINUTES AGO! Princess Anne Breaks Her Silence: The Truth About Diana’s Forged Letter That Could Shatter Camilla’s Royal Standing…. full details below

CELEBRITY1 week ago

MIDNIGHT SHOCK! ‘Bow your heads…’ Cries echoed from Buckingham Palace, plunging Britain into a sleepless night. The princes gathered once more, as Harry cast aside past resentments and took up the white cloth: ‘Oh my God, he has…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Meghan Markle Devastated After Prince Harry’s Shocking Announcement…Royal Family in Tears and Mourning…. Read more

Copyright © 2024 USAenquire