Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Shocking News: Three hidden word message from Patrick Mahomes to Travis Kelce retirement…………..

Published

on

 

On Thursday, former NFL player and ESPN host Pat McAfee revealed that Kelce would prolong his football career and return to the Chiefs in 2025. While it’s ended speculation that Kelce could retire from the NFL, Mahomes suggested that next season might be ‘The Last Dance’ for the Chiefs tight end

 

Mahomes reposted news of Kelce’s decision on X, and in doing so posted a GIF from the sports docuseries ‘The Last Dance’ suggesting that his close friend and teammate will retire at the end of the 2025 season. The docuseries, released back in 2020, followed Michael Jordan’s final season with the Chicago Bulls as they went for their sixth NBA title in eight seasons.
After the Chiefs were steamrolled 40-22 by the Philadelphia Eagles in Super Bowl LIX, many fans wondered whether Kelce would call time on his career. Kelce suffered career lows in yards (823) and touchdowns (3) last season, and the 35-year-old admitted that he wouldn’t rush into a decision over his future.

 

 

 

It took 18 days to make his mind up, as on Thursday’s edition of ‘The Pat McAfee Show’ it was revealed that Kelce would be returning. “I’m coming back for sure,” McAfee said, appearing to reference a text message sent by Kelce.

I’m gonna try and get to the best shape I’ve been this offseason, and get back to the mountain top. I’ve got a real bad taste in my mouth with how I played in that last game and how I got the guys ready for battle. I can’t go out like that!!!!”
Entering Super Bowl LIX on Feb. 9, the Chiefs were one win away from becoming the first team in the Super Bowl era to achieve the three-peat. Kansas City was brutally humbled by the Eagles, who led 40-6 before Mahomes threw two late touchdowns to make the score more respectable.
Kelce admitted he was left with a “bad taste” in New Orleans, and he was one of the first Chiefs players to leave the Caesars Superdome after skipping his post-game press conference. If Kelce had retired, he would still be a future Hall of Famer and one of the greatest players in franchise history, but Mahomes is convinced that personal accolades are no longer a priority.

“He can play as long as he wants to,” Mahomes said when previously asked about Kelce’s future. “He’s focused on the ultimate mission of being the best football player that he can be. More than anything — more than I think he wants to even do it for himself — he just loves being in the building with his teammates and being a part of that.”

Hours after Kelce’s return was confirmed, the Chiefs also retained guard Trey Smith after using the franchise tag. The Chiefs remain focused on securing Smith long-term, but the tag ensures that he will earn roughly $24 million next season.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY32 minutes ago

Prince Harry Makes First Public Statement Since Resigning from the Charity He Founded

CELEBRITY2 hours ago

Her Face Is Different Somehow”: George and Amal Clooney Holds Hands at Venice Film Festival.The 63-year-old actor noticed the incident on the red carpet and immediately rushed over to help the photographer.Clooney then lightened the mood by grabbing the camera and…see details in comments

CELEBRITY5 hours ago

Sad News: Houston Astros teammates and fans shed tears as player Jose Altuve and his wife mourned the heartbreaking announcement… SEE MORE

NFL6 hours ago

EXPLOSIVE DRAMA! Hulk Hogan BLASTED as a ‘Liar’ by Ex-Wife Linda, Who Breaks Down Over Estrangement from Daughter Brooke – ‘Worst Mess Ever!’

CELEBRITY14 hours ago

Tragedy just 5 minutes ago! King Charles announced heartbreaking news, leaving the royal family devastated: “Prince Harry has…”see more below

CELEBRITY14 hours ago

Congratulations, Harry! Meghan shares an ultrasound for the first time on social media, confirming their third child: “The British royal family has a new heir, and this baby turns out to be…” See more below

CELEBRITY20 hours ago

RETURN MY PRIVATE JET! Meghan FREAKS OUT As Tyler Perry BLASTS Her For Bragging About A Private Jet—That Was **NEVER HERS!** See The PROOF—He EXPOSED Her For Who She Really Is Below

CELEBRITY20 hours ago

Oh wow, who would’ve thought? These two can’t see eye to eye, but the latest move by President Trump means BIG NEWS for both Taylor and us Swifties. You won’t believe what he just did for us. See the first comment

CELEBRITY21 hours ago

BREAKING:”18 Photos of Angel Reese & Jada Thorpe at Florida-Maryland Turning Heads” See more…

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Breaking News:Airport Staff Kicked Out Brittany Mahomes, But Regretted It When Patrick Mahomes Arrived…see more

Copyright © 2024 USAenquire