Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Taylor Swift says she felt ‘fear’ over Vienna attack threat

Published

on

 

Taylor Swift says the cancellation of her Vienna tour dates over an attack threat filled her with “a new sense of fear”.

In a post on Instagram, she said she felt “a tremendous amount of guilt” because so many people had planned on travelling to the shows.

 

 

Three concerts were cancelled in the Austrian capital earlier in August as three people were arrested in connection with allegedly planning attacks inspired by the Islamic State group.

 

 

The 34-year-old singer-songwriter finished the European leg of her Eras Tour on Tuesday at Wembley Stadium in London.

 

 

In a post on Instagram on Wednesday, the US singer wrote: “Having our Vienna shows cancelled was devastating.

 

 

“But I was also so grateful to the authorities because thanks to them, we were grieving concerts and not lives.

“I was heartened by the love and unity I saw in the fans who banded together.”

 

 

She said the safety of her fans was paramount when continuing with her tour, adding: “I decided that all of my energy had to go toward helping to protect the nearly half a million people I had coming to see the shows in London.

“My team and I worked hand in hand with stadium staff and British authorities every day in pursuit of that goal, and I want to thank them for everything they did for us.”

 

Explaining why she had chosen to wait until now to speak about the cancellation of the Vienna concerts, which were meant to take place between 8 and 10 August, she said: “Let me be very clear: I am not going to speak about something publicly if I think doing so might provoke those who would want to harm the fans who come to my shows.

“In cases like this one, ‘silence’ is actually showing restraint, and waiting to express yourself at a time when it’s right to.

“My priority was finishing our European tour safely, and it is with great relief that I can say we did that.”

 

 

Swift performed eight concerts at Wembley this summer, overtaking a record for any solo singer, which was previously set by Michael Jackson in 1988.

Swift’s next show as part of The Eras Tour is scheduled for 18 October in Miami, Florida

CELEBRITY2 hours ago

ROYAL TRAGEDY! Heartbreak for King Charles. With heavy hearts, we announce the passing….see more in comments

CELEBRITY4 hours ago

BREAKING: “Racist Judge Insults Black Man in Court, Gets Arrested by Him Just Minutes Later” Read more…

CELEBRITY9 hours ago

The royal family shines! William shocked the entire UK when he posted a photo with the caption “a sweet reunion in the hospital” of Harry and King Charles, however, the… See more

CELEBRITY12 hours ago

Ariana Grande, 31, Exposed for Why She Looks Unhealthily Thin After a Recent Viral Photo of Her Seeing and Signing a Fan’s Old Meet-and-Greet Picture at the EE BAFTAs Sparks Concern – Not Only Is She on a Vegan Diet, She’s Also Addicted to…

CELEBRITY12 hours ago

SAD NEWS: Prince Harry goes pale after hearing the doctor announce, In an unexpected and deeply emotional moment, Prince Harry was left visibly shaken after receiving a diagnosis from his doctor, who revealed that they had finally identified the illness that had been affecting him….

CELEBRITY21 hours ago

Amazing news: Elon Musk Shocks the World: Tesla’s First-Ever Aircraft Takes Flight Full story below

CELEBRITY21 hours ago

Heartbreaking: Chris Hemsworth and pregnant wife Elsa Pataky announce they are splitting after she abandoned everything necessary between them to…

CELEBRITY22 hours ago

Just In: First day of horse racing lands Coco Gauff in hospital as she fell from a ‘rampaging’ horse, sustaining “multiple dislocations and fractures”, according to a local hospital source…See details

CELEBRITY1 day ago

BREAKING NEWS: Elon Musk Officially Banned from All coming Games After Kansas City Chiefs Announcement for This Reason…… In a move that has left the sports world buzzing, the Kansas City Chiefs have officially banned billionaire Elon Musk from attending any of their future games and here is how Elon musk reacted by…see full articles here

CELEBRITY1 day ago

Congratulations King Charles! Prince Harry has returned to “assume the throne” after the King was hospitalized, filled with regret. Harry reunited with his father, however, Meghan’s “attitude” was…see more below

Copyright © 2024 USAenquire