Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Travis Kelce Is ‘Leaning’ One Way With His Retirement Decision

Published

on

 

Will Travis Kelce return to the Kansas City Chiefs or retire from the NFL? That’s one of the biggest questions heading into the new league year.

 

Kelce had a relatively quiet 2024 season if you go by his standards. He hauled in 97 passes for 823 yards and three touchdowns. This is the first time in his Hall of Fame career that he had less than 850 receiving yards and four touchdowns in a season. Although he played well in the divisional round of the playoffs, he lad lackluster performances in the AFC Championship and Super Bowl.

 

 

 

Following the Chiefs’ blowout loss in Super Bowl 59, Kelce opened up about his NFL future during an episode of his “New Heights” podcast. He made it clear that he’s not ready to announce a final decision.

“I know everybody wants to know whether I am playing next year and right now I am just kicking everything down the road. I am kicking every can I can down the road,” Kelce said. “I am not making any crazy decisions, but right now the biggest thing is just being there for my teammates and being there for my coaches understanding there’s a lot that goes into this thing.”

Kelce might not be ready to announce his plans for the 2025 season, but Dianna Russini of The Athletic did have an update to share with the NFL world this week.

During an appearance on “The Rich Eisen Show,” Russini said Kelce is leaning towards playing one more season.

“I can just tell you from having a few conversations with people around the league over the last few days there’s definitely a sense that Travis is going to try to play more,” Russini said, via the New York Post. “I haven’t heard anyone say, ‘Yeah, he’s really struggling with what he wants to do,’ it’s definitely leaning more toward that. That can, of course, change. This is going to be his decision, his decision only, but for this Chiefs’ operation looking to move forward here, I think they feel pretty good that Travis has got a little bit more left in him.”

For what it’s worth, former NFL Network reporter James Palmer said last week that he spoke to people inside Kansas City’s facility that are convinced Kelce will retire.

“I contacted a couple of people in the organization on Sunday morning. I was like, ‘What’s your gut?’ They were both like, ‘My gut tells me this is it.’ But he hasn’t said anything in either direction to anybody here,” Palmer said. “We know he loves coming to work and enjoys being here in the building.”

Suffice to say, only Kelce knows what’s next for his career.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CELEBRITY32 minutes ago

SAD NEWS: Oprah Winfrey – the legendary MC who touched millions of hearts – suddenly p@ss3d away at the age of 71 due to a strange disease that had never been announced.

CELEBRITY39 minutes ago

LATEST : Rihanna gave birth to her third child in a f@tal birth…A$AP Rocky burst into tears over a choice that haunted his whole life… And then, a long-kept secret was revealed…

CELEBRITY45 minutes ago

VERY SAD NEWS: 20 minutes ago, in Ohio, Stephen Curry announced that his father, Mr. Dell, was k!lled in a plane crash – He revealed his last words to his father before he p@ssed away, making everyone shudder.Read more below…

CELEBRITY1 hour ago

7 MINUTES AGO! Princess Anne’s bitter remark sparked a secret emergency meeting led by Prince William. What happened inside left the Palace reeling — a letter and William’s DNA test results were exposed. The whole of Britain is in shock. Only Prince Harry was seen smiling: “Now you know… who your real father is….. SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY1 day ago

3 MINUTES AGO! Panic in Meghan’s mansion! Holding her daughter tight, she sat trembling as U.S. police demanded, ‘Where is Harry?’ Tears streaming, Meghan confessed in anguish: ‘My husband has…’ Moments later, William delivered the devastating emergency message to Britain: ‘With sorrow in my heart, I regret to inform you…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

2 MINUTES AGO! “Harry… bow your head,” King Charles’s trembling voice broke the suffocating silence, a wave of sorrow blanketing the palace. Meghan returned with their two children, clutching white flowers, her face carved with grief. No press, no cameras — only the heavy weight of regret. “I am deeply saddened to announce that…” What came next will haunt Britain for generations… SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

2 A.M. Last Night! Buckingham Palace confirmed a heartbreaking loss as the family rushed to reunite — all except Harry. Princess Anne wept with swollen eyes, while William leaned on Kate: ‘With broken hearts, we must share the devastating truth…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

The skies over America turned black! Meghan Markle, clutching her daughter, ran into a U.S. police station, sobbing loudly: ‘Oh God, my husband has…’ — Prince William received the urgent cable and immediately called for a royal emergency meeting. His tearful voice broke as he cried: ‘Father, my brother…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

BUCKINGHAM’S NIGHT OF DESPAIR: William held Kate tightly, sobbing as shadows blanketed the Palace. At 1 a.m., every royal was called to an emergency meeting — except Harry. The press was barred at the gates. Suddenly, King Charles’s voice tore through the night: ‘Oh, my wife has…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY2 days ago

Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce bought a tiny diner that let him eat on credit during his college days, converting the eatery to feed 120 homeless people every day. It was all because of a promise he made to someone special when he was a high school student.

Copyright © 2024 USAenquire