Connect with us

CELEBRITY

Whoopi Goldberg doesn’t think Beyoncé’s Cowboy Carter was ‘snubbed’ by CMA Awards: ‘It wasn’t for them’

Published

on

 

Whoopi Goldberg has attempted to lasso fan expectations when it comes to Beyoncé’s country music crossover, as The View moderator and Oscar-winning actress said she doesn’t feel the CMA Awards snubbed the former Destiny’s Child superstar when it bestowed her Cowboy Carter album with zero nominations earlier this weeks

 

 

“A lot of people are surprised — I don’t know why — that it didn’t receive a single CMA Award nomination. Well, this is the question: Are you surprised?” the 68-year-old said on Tuesday’s episode of the talk show, opening the discussion up to her cohosts after she said, “I don’t think she was snubbed, I think they just didn’t… it wasn’t for them.”

 

 

Legal expert Sunny Hostin said she expected Beyoncé to score nominations for two tracks from the well-received album, including a contemporary reinterpretation of Dolly Parton’s “Jolene,” which Parton herself gave her blessing to — enough so that Parton actually appeared on Cowboy Carter to introduce the song.

 

 

 

“I happen to love Dolly Parton, so I felt that when the Queen of Country sort of passed the baton a little bit for ‘Jolene,’ which was an incredible song on her album, and ‘Texas Hold ‘Em,’ two incredible country songs, I thought she would at least get nominated for those two,” Hostin, 55, said. “But, my mother always told me, ‘Find the audience that’s looking for you.’ This audience isn’t looking for her.”

 

 

 

Conservative panelist Alyssa Farah Griffin jumped in, estimating that the “audience is” in Beyoncé’s corner, despite “industry insiders” in the Country Music Association voting block. “Listeners are with her,” Griffin, 35, stressed, referencing Cowboy Carter’s success on American music rankings. “The Country Billboard charts do not lie.”

Goldberg reminded Griffin that listeners are “not the voters,” before cohost Sara Haines told her colleagues that she felt artists are, most importantly, “making [music] to be consumed, not for it to be judged by people,” and that there are “always some politics involved” in awards-based voting processes.

 

 

 

“She knows who she is,” the 46-year-old finished. “The best revenge is success.”

Upon its release in March, Cowboy Carter hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200, after its lead single, “Texas Hold ‘Em,” reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Still, select country radio stations initially refused to play the song due to Beyoncé’s artistic roots in other popular music genres.

 

 

 

Goldberg’s thoughts on award snubs has remained consistent over the years, including when she addressed claims that the Oscars snubbed Barbie’s Margot Robbie and Greta Gerwig in the Best Actress and Best Director categories earlier this year.

 

 

 

“There are no snubs. That’s what you have to keep in mind: Not everybody gets a prize, and it is subjective. Movies are subjective,” Goldberg said on The View in January. “The movies you love may not be loved by the people who are voting.”

The View airs weekdays at 11 a.m. ET/PT on ABC.

CELEBRITY7 hours ago

2 MINUTES AGO! “Harry… bow your head,” King Charles’s trembling voice broke the suffocating silence, a wave of sorrow blanketing the palace. Meghan returned with their two children, clutching white flowers, her face carved with grief. No press, no cameras — only the heavy weight of regret. “I am deeply saddened to announce that…” What came next will haunt Britain for generations… SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY7 hours ago

2 A.M. Last Night! Buckingham Palace confirmed a heartbreaking loss as the family rushed to reunite — all except Harry. Princess Anne wept with swollen eyes, while William leaned on Kate: ‘With broken hearts, we must share the devastating truth…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY12 hours ago

The skies over America turned black! Meghan Markle, clutching her daughter, ran into a U.S. police station, sobbing loudly: ‘Oh God, my husband has…’ — Prince William received the urgent cable and immediately called for a royal emergency meeting. His tearful voice broke as he cried: ‘Father, my brother…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY12 hours ago

BUCKINGHAM’S NIGHT OF DESPAIR: William held Kate tightly, sobbing as shadows blanketed the Palace. At 1 a.m., every royal was called to an emergency meeting — except Harry. The press was barred at the gates. Suddenly, King Charles’s voice tore through the night: ‘Oh, my wife has…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY16 hours ago

Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce bought a tiny diner that let him eat on credit during his college days, converting the eatery to feed 120 homeless people every day. It was all because of a promise he made to someone special when he was a high school student.

CELEBRITY2 days ago

15 MINUTES AGO! Meghan Markle, holding her son Archie, delivered IMPORTANT NEWS from America. The entire Palace was left in shock and sorrow as her trembling voice cried out: ‘My Harry and my Lilibet are being…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY6 days ago

OMG 5 MINUTES AGO! Princess Anne Breaks Her Silence: The Truth About Diana’s Forged Letter That Could Shatter Camilla’s Royal Standing…. full details below

CELEBRITY6 days ago

MIDNIGHT SHOCK! ‘Bow your heads…’ Cries echoed from Buckingham Palace, plunging Britain into a sleepless night. The princes gathered once more, as Harry cast aside past resentments and took up the white cloth: ‘Oh my God, he has…’” SEE MORE BELOW

CELEBRITY1 week ago

Meghan Markle Devastated After Prince Harry’s Shocking Announcement…Royal Family in Tears and Mourning…. Read more

CELEBRITY1 week ago

SAD NEWS: Jaden Smith, Will Smith’s son, has fulfilled his dream of becoming a girl. But when he stepped onto the operating table, due to excessive bl00d loss during the surgery, Jande fell into critical condition. Will Smith sadly spoke up, “My son at the age of 27 has…”.

Copyright © 2024 USAenquire